PG Department of Visual Communication - Activities ReportActivities conducted by the PG Department of Visual Communication
during September 2013 to August 2014
1. The PG Department of Visual Communication organized a series of Guest Lectures on 21-22nd October 2013, which were delivered by Mr.K.Karthik, Senior Research Fellow, Hyderabad Central University, Hyderabad. He focused on introduction to Visual Communication, Film Genres, Theories of Visual Analysis and Designing Principles, etc. and explained to the students on bridging the gap between academic course and industry requirements.
2. Science Exhibition: The PG Department of Visual Communication took part in the Science Exhibition organized by the College PG Wing on 4th November 2013. Rev.Fr.A.Theckmury, SJ, Advisor, Alumni Association, ALC, and Rev.Fr.Dr.Rex Angelo, SJ, Vice-Principal (PG) inaugurated the Exhibition. All the first year students of the Department actively participated in the Exhibition, displayed and demonstrated various devices related to their subject concepts. Faculty of the Department created awareness among the visiting students about the camera, photography, editing, mixing, recording, online editing on switcher and production process steps. Around 200 students from various Municipal High Schools in and around Vijayawada city visited the Exhibition.
3. The PG Department of Visual Communication launched a bi-monthly Campus Journal viz. “Viscom Times” on 4th January 2014 with the objective of providing information to the students on the activities of PG Departments, achievements, national and international news as well as current affairs.
4. The PG Department of Visual Communication conducted a Field Trip for its students to All India Radio, Vijayawada, on 6th January 2014. The students learnt about the functioning of the Radio Station as well as the aspects of infrastructure, studios, recordings, and editing to get more awareness on media and working strategies.
5. The PG Dept. of Visual Communication organized an Educational Photography Tour for its students to Visakapatnam, Borra Caves and Araku Valley from 16th to 19th January 2014. The students practiced photography from different perspectives to improve their understanding and visualization.
6. The PG Department of Visual Communication organized a one day Seminar on Cameras and Video Techniques for Making a Short Film on 10th February 2014. The Resource Person, Fr.Lourdu Raju gave valuable information on the latest models of cameras for video and still photography and clarified the students’ doubts during the interactive session.
7. The PG Department Visual Communication organized an Interaction program with the upcoming film hero Mr.Krishna Madhav on 28th February 2014 who visited the Campus as part of promotion of his film. The students in their interaction understood the dimensions of film production, promotion of a feature film and also experienced the sharing of thoughts with celebrities along with Faculty members Mr. T. Raja Kumar and P. John Adinarayana.
8. The Department of Visual Communication organized a Guest Lecture on “Recent Trends in Advertising” on 17th July 2014. Dr.G.Anitha, Assistant Professor, Acharya Nagarjuna University, delivered the Lecture. Students of PG Visual Communication course and Second Year Students of U.G. Visual Communication course attended the Lecture. In her Lecture, the Resource Person focused on the Basics of Advertising Industry, Various Techniques in Print and Electronic Advertising, Current Trends Of Advertising and the Career Prospects in the Advertising Industry. The Lecture was followed by an interactive session wherein the Resource Person cleared the students’ doubts. Fr.Dr.Rex Angelo, SJ, Vice Principal (PG) and faculty members of the Visual Communication Department were present at the Lecture.
9. The PG Dept. of Visual Communication organized a Guest Lecture on the topic “Emerging Trends in Films” on 12th August 2014 which was delivered by Mr.K.Karthik, Senior Research Fellow, University in Hyderabad. First and Second year Students of the Department attended the Lecture.
10. The PG Dept. of Visual Communication conducted a Guest Lecture on “Lighting Techniques in Photography” on 19th August 2014. The lecture was delivered by Mr.G.Varaprasad, senior photographer and former faculty member of Photography course at ALC.
11. The PG Department of Visual Communication organized a Field Visit to Doordarshan’s Transmission Centre at Kondapally Doordarshan Kendra at Vijayawada for its students on 25 July, 2014. Twenty seven students led by faculty members Mr. T. Rajakumar and Mr.P.John Adinarayana undertook the Field Visit. First, the students visited the Doordarshan’s Transmission Centre at Kondapally where Mr.N.A.Narayana Reddy, Centre Engineer, briefed the students about the functioning of the Transmission Centre and uploading and downloading and transmission processes. Later the students proceeded to the Doordarshan Studio at Vijayawada where Mr.Kali Prasad, Studio Engineer, explained to the students the operational methods and functions of the Studio including its infrastructure, recording and editing suits, creating awareness among the students about the media.
12. Mobilography: The PG Department of Visual Communication organized an annual Mobile Photography Competition “Mobilography 2014” on 28th July 2014 to bring out the hidden creative talents of the students and to encourage the students to put the latest technology to best use. Popular Comedian Mr.M.S.Narayana inaugurated the competitions. Rev. Fr. Dr. Rex Angelo, SJ, Vice Principal (PG) delivered the keynote address. Students from more than 15 Colleges participated in the competition. The competition was followed by an Exhibition wherein 101 select photographs taken on mobile phones by the students were on display. Students from various Departments of the College as well as from other Colleges in and around Vijayawada city enthusiastically participated in the exhibition and showcased their creative abilities making use of mobile phones. All the officials of the College were present at the competition and exhibition conducted under the supervision of faculty members Mr.T. Raja Kumar and Mr. P. John Adinarayana. Later, winners of competitions were presented with cash prizes. K.Havish from KL University won the first prize and received a cash award of Rs.2000/-, while B Bharath, JKC College, Guntur and N.Venkatesh, Dept. of BBA, ALC, the second and third prize winners respectively, were presented with Rs.1500/- and Rs.1000/- cash awards respectively. Also, seven photographs have been selected for a consolation cash prize of Rs.200/- each.
13. Aerial view of Andhra Loyola College
The PG Department of Visual Communication organized a Photography Exhibition on the theme “Aerial view of ALC” to mark the World Photography Day on 19th August 2014. Prior to the Exhibition, a photography competition was conducted for the ALC students during August 2014. Of the photographs taken by the students for this competition, a total of 57 photographs were short-listed for display. Cash prizes of Rs. 1000/-, 600/-, and 400/- and certificates were presented to Mr.Guneeth Singh Oberai (NVC-9), C.D Anusha (NMVC-6) and the K.Srikar (AVC-06) who won the first, second and third prizes respectively. The Exhibition was inaugurated by Rev Fr.Dr.Rex Angelo, SJ, Vice Principal (PG), ALC. Mr. G.Vara Prasad, senior photographer from the City and former faculty member of Photography course at ALC, was the Chief Guest. Rev Fr S.Raju, SJ, Correspondent, Rev Fr Ravi Sekhar, SJ, Rector, Mrs. Mary Manjula Rani were present at the program. A large number of students witnessed the Exhibition. This program was supervised by Mr. T. Raja Kumar, H.o.D and Mr. P. John, faculty member of the Visual Communication Department.
No Clipping Found.