LIBRARIAN’s REPORT as on 08-09-2014LIBRARIAN’s REPORT as on 08-09-2014 - SEMINARS, EVENTS & OTHER ACTIVITIES
1. Maitraka Welfare Society in Collaboration with Fr. Gordon Library distributed Telugu Academy Text Books worth Rs. 2 lakhs to deserving students at free of cost. About 180 students were benefited this gesture. This is an annual exercise being implemented for the benefit of economically backward deserving students.
2. Loyola Reviewers Association – a new initiative of the Department of Library and Information Sciences, was inaugurated on 17th July 2014, Association Chairman Rev. Fr. Dr. G.A.P. Kishore S.J., Principal, President Sri K. V. Vijaya Babu, Department of Political Science, Secretary Dr. G. A. Prasad Rao, Department of Library & Information Sciences, Coordinator Dr. T. Srikumar, Department of Physics and 81 Students were present at the inaugural function.
3. Loyola Reviewers Association organized a Book Review on 22nd August 2014 in the Seminar Hall and Sri Peddibhotla Subbaramiah, Recipient of Kendra Sahithya Academy Award was the Chief Guest at the programme and Rev. Fr. D. Ravi Sekhar, S.J., Director, Kaladarshini was the Guest of Honour. Book entitled “BIG & SMALL” written by Sri G.Venkataraman was reviewed by Mr.M.Kalyan, final year B.Sc. student under the supervision of Dr.T.Srikumar.
4. The Department of Library & Information Sciences prepared and displayed ten posters on useful websites on Higher Education and Competitive Examinations for Placements in the Arts, Commerce & Science Exhibition conducted by the College on 1st and 2nd September 2014.
Nominated as Academic Senate Members of Krishna University.
1. Rev Fr.Dr.G.A.P.Kishore, SJ, Principal, and Dr.G.A.Prasad Rao, Head, Dept. of Library & Information Sciences, have been nominated Members of Academic Senate of the Krishna University, Machilipatnam, vide Vice Chancellor’s Communication dated 30.01.2014.
2. Mr.P.Naga Raju, Senior Assistant, has been nominated Member of Academic Senate of the Krishna University, Machilipatnam, vide Vice Chancellor’s Communication dated 30.01.2014.
No Clipping Found.