Department of Biotechnology (UG & PG)- Activities (2013-14)Activities conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (UG & PG)
During September 2013 to August 2014
1. The PG Department of Biotechnology organized a one-day industrial visit to Charoen Pokphand Seeds (India) Pvt. Ltd., at Meerjapuram village, Nuzvid Mandal, Krishna district on 29th October, 2013. The staff and students visited the well-equipped Molecular Biology lab and interacted with Scientists and the management. It was quite informative and useful for the students.
2. The PG Department of Biotechnology organized a Field visit to Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd, Atmakur plant & Pearl Beverages Ltd, Guntur on 21st August 2014.
Guest Lectures organized:
1. The PG Department of Biotechnology organized a Guest lecture on “Conservation of Biodiversity” by Sri K.Ashok Kumar, DFC, DFO, Social Forestry, Krishna District, A.P. was organized along with NGC on 28th July 2014.
2. The PG Department of Biotechnology organized a Guest lecture on “Role of Medicinal plants in reducing the Pollution” by Dr.D.Sireesha, Head, Department of Environmental Sciences, JNIAS, Hyderabad on 28th August, 2014.
Career Guidance Programme for Biology Students:
The PG Department of Biotechnology conducted a Career Guidance programme for the Biology students of the College. In this session, a PowerPoint presentation was made on the need of Applied Sciences with emphasis on the importance of Biotechnology as a career choice. The session was followed by an interaction with the students during which the students got their doubts clarified regarding job opportunities and further studies.
• The PG Department of Biotechnology conducted a “Blood Grouping Campaign” for the PG students in September 2013. This campaign received a huge response from the students. Our students did blood grouping for over 110 students..
• As part of Science Exhibition organized by the College PG Wing, the PG Department of Biotechnology organized “Land-to-Lab” along with other Science departments of PG Wing. Students from schools were brought to our lab to enable them to know the laboratory equipments and experiments conducted here. A few live experiments like Blow up a balloon with yeast, Photosynthetic activity of plants, Osmosis etc. were demonstrated. Also the Department displayed the models of plant and animal cells and charts of their cell organelles.
A Poster presentation on the Themes viz. “Save Nature”, “Make Vijayawada City-Green hat of the State” and “Conservation of Biodiversity” was conducted for the students of Biotechnology and Botany Department on 28th July 2014.
Memoranda of Understanding:
• The Institute of Biological Sciences is a Research lab located at Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. It has well-established labs of Molecular Biology. The Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Institute of Biological Sciences for collaborative research in Molecular Biology and Molecular Medicine for the academic years 2013-2014. With this M.o.U. the Students get an opportunity to improve their hands-on experience in handling molecular techniques.
• The Department has signed another MoU with Charoen Pokphand Seeds (India) Pvt. Ltd., Meerjapuram village, Nuzvid Mandal, Krishna district for the student projects during the current academic year 2014.
No Clipping Found.