Dept. of Electronics Up to August 2014)Events conducted by the Department of Electronics
September 2013 – August 2014
1. Workshop on “PC Hardware & Troubleshooting”
The Department of Electronics organized a 2-day workshop on “PC Hardware & Troubleshooting” on 3-4th September 2013. Mr.B.Kranti Kumar, Embedded Designer, Q-Technologies, Vijayawada, was the Resource Person. Final year students of B.Sc., Electronics, attended the workshop and were acquainted with Computer hardware, Motherboards, SMPS, printers, Display Units and Antivirus Software Installation. The students also did practicals on Real Time Computer Problems.
2. The Department conducted an Exhibition on 12th December 2013 in which 17 working models prepared by the final year students of Electronics as part of their project work were exhibited. It has been the practice of the Department to encourage and guide students to prepare working models.
3. Industrial visits:
The Department of Electronics organized an Industrial Visit for the I year B.Sc. Electronics Technology students to “Efftronics Pvt. Ltd”, Vijayawada, on 21st December 2013. During this visit, the students got exposure to PCB assembling, trouble shooting and project development of LED display modules.
4. Educational visit to “BSNL FIBER OPTIC MUX STATION”
The Department of Electronics organized an Educational Visit for the final year B.Sc., Electronics students to “BSNL Fiber Optic Mux Station”. Vijayawada, on 8th January 2014. In this visit, the students got exposure to transmission of different telephone signal routing (STD & ISD), multiplexing of different channels, ATM, Online Transactions, Broadband signal routing through MSC (Mobile Switching Center)and full picture about SRM (South Region MUX ) Station.
5. The Department of Electronics conducted Technoesis 2013-14–a State Level Quiz and Paper Presentation Competitions, on 31st January 2014. Dr.K.Venkateswarlu, H.o.D. Electronics, Sri YN College, Narsapur, acted as a Judge. Seventy students from twelve different colleges from all over Andhra Pradesh took part in the competitions. Prof. K. Sarath Kumar, KL University was the Chief Guest and Mr.K.Bala Krishna, Sr.Manager R&D, Efftronics, Vijayawada, was the Guest
6. Educational visit to “Doordarshan Kendra”
The Department organized an Educational Visit on 22nd July 2014 for the final year students of Electronics (DEC Section) to “Doordarshan Studio”, Vijayawada and “Broadcasting Station” at Kondapalli.
The visit provided the students with an opportunity to learn about Recording Room acoustics, process of recording and broadcasting.
7. Guest Lecture on “Satellite Communication”
The Department organized a Guest Lecture on Satellite Communication on 26th July 2014 for the second and third year students of Electronics and Electronics Technology Departments. The lecture was delivered by Sri K.Phani Srinivas, Associate Professor, K.L University Vijayawada. The guest lecture gave exposure to the students on the main components of Satellite, working of Satellite, the modulations and multiple access techniques used in modern mobile, wireless and broadband communications.
8. Orientation on Project Report
The Department organized a seminar on Project Methodology for the final year students of Electronics on 11th August 2014. Dr.Ch.Srinivasu, Reader, Dept of Physics, ALC, was the Resource Person. In this seminar, the students were acquainted with various steps involved in working on science projects and method of Project Report Preparation.
Event – IX
Training Program on PCB designing
The Department of Electronics organized a training program on PCB designing on 25th August 2014. The Resource Person was Md.Tazuddin, Director, CMOS Research Labs, Vijayawada.
80 students from AELT, NELT and NEC sections took active part in the training programme and designed a layout and made a PCB.