National Seminar on Advances in Biomaterials- January 2017
Sponsored (Star College Scheme)
National Seminar on
Advances in Biomaterials and Characterization Techniques (ABCT17)
20 & 21, January 2017
Department of Physics, Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada-520 008.
In Collaboration with Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT).
Report on ABCT-17
A DBT-MHRD Government of India (Star College Scheme) Sponsored National Seminar on “Advances in Biomaterials and Characterization Techniques – ABCT-17”, was organized by the Department of Physics on 20th and 21st January 2017, in collaboration Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT).
The advancement of human race is linked to the invention of new materials and its structural understanding. The new knowledge enables us to find suitable applications for the betterment of our lives. Hence, the objective of the National Seminar is to enhance the research potential in biomaterials, and to provide an opportunity to all the research scholars to update their skills and to learn from new resources. During this Seminar, 6 invited talks, 2 short talks, and 59 papers are presented. The Proceedings of the Seminar with an ISBN number 978-81-926822-0-4 is published.
• Dr.G.P. Kothiyal, Former Head of Glass and Ceramic Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre(BARC), Mumbai
• Prof. N. Veeraiah of Acharya Nagarjuna University
• Dr. R.V.S.S.N. Ravi Kumar, Acharya Nagarjuna University
• Prof .C.K. Jayasankar, Professor in Physics, S.V. University
• Dr. Sunkara V. Manorama, Senior Principal Scientist , IICT, Hyderabad
• Dr. Raj Kishora Dash, Assistant Professor, University of Hyderabad
• Prof. Krishnaiah, S.V. University , Tirupati & President of Regional council 11 of Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT)
In line with the expectations of the DBT and IAPT, this National Seminar provided a platform to understand the scientific and academic impact of the new materials and their characterization, and facilitated the interaction among the Researchers to develop new materials for diverse applications. Convener Dr. G. Murali Krishna and Organizing Secretary Dr G. Sahaya Baskaran along with all the 22 members of the Department of Physics made the arrangements of this scientific fest.
Photos and News paper Clips are at : www.abct17.blogspot.in