PG Department of Physics - Activities up to August 2014Activities conducted by the PG Department of Physics
during September 2013 to August 2014
As part of Science Exhibition organized by the College PG Wing, the PG Department of Physics organized a Lab to Land programme on 4th November 2013. In this programme, the first year M.Sc. (Physics) students displayed and demonstrated various exhibits related to the Physics concepts. About 200 students of Vijayawada Municipal Corporation Schools visited the Exhibition.
1. The PG Department of Physics organized a Seminar on the topic “Tensors” on 23-24th August 2013 for the first year students. The Resource Person was Mr.Nagi Reddy, Research Scholar, Central University, Hyderabad.
2. The PG Department of Physics organized a Seminar on the topic “Thin Film Technology” on 24th October 2013. Dr.M.C.Rao, Dept. of Physics, ALC, the Resource Person, made a PowerPoint presentation on the topic for the I year M.Sc. Physics students.
1. The PG Department of Physics organized a Guest Lecture on “Physics behind Information Technology” on 8th January 2014 which was delivered by Dr.G.Sahaya Baskaran, Lecturer in Physics, ALC. The first year students of Physics and Chemistry Departments attended the Lecture.
2. The PG Department of Physics organized a guest lecture on the topic “Optics in daily life” on 9th September 2014 which was delivered by Dr.G.Sahaya Baskaran, Lecturer in Physics, Andhra Loyola College.
3. The PG Department of Physics organized a guest lecture on the topic “Microprocessors” on 15th September 2014 which was delivered by Dr. Sandhya Cole, Assistant Professor, Acharya Nagarjuna University.
The PG Department of Physics organized a Field Visit to Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd. Atmakur Plant & Pearl Beverages Ltd., Guntur, on 21st August 2014, for its students.
No Clipping Found.